Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue black spot project - Wacol
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that construction of the Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue black spot project at Wacol is now complete.
Council upgraded the intersection as part of the Australian Government’s 2020-21 Black Spot Program.
|Address||Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue, Wacol|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety|
End of construction
You can download:
About the project
The Black Spot Program is part of the Australian Government’s commitment to reduce crashes on Australian roads. The program aims to improve road safety by implementing upgrade measures at identified black spot locations. The intersection is one of four black spot locations Council is upgrading as part of the 2020-21 Black Spot Program.
Between July 2013 and May 2020 there were 15 crashes reported at the Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue intersection. Seven of these crashes resulted in hospitalisation, seven required medical treatment and one resulted in minor injury. The majority of crashes at the intersection were due to road users on Campbell Avenue failing to give way to road users on Industrial Avenue.
The upgrade has improved safety by replacing the priority-controlled intersection (give-way signs on Campbell Avenue) with a roundabout. The roundabout provides a low-speed environment through the intersection with increased visibility and awareness of vehicle priority.
The upgrade involved:
- installing a new roundabout and traffic islands at Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue
- constructing new 2.5m-wide shared paths and kerb ramps at all approaches at the intersection
- installing bike transition ramps
- installing new street lighting
- road resurfacing and line marking
- minor landscaping and turfing works.
If you would like to find out more about the Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue black spot project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Industrial Avenue and Campbell Avenue black spot project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.