London Road and Stanbrough Road black spot project - Belmont
Brisbane City Council has completed construction of the London Road and Stanbrough Road black spot project at Belmont.
|Address||London Road and Stanbrough Road, Belmont|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety|
Construction completed February 2021
You can download the:
About the project
Brisbane City Council upgraded the London Road and Stanbrough Road intersection at Belmont as part of the 2020-21 Australian government Black Spot Program.
The Black Spot Program is part of the Australian Government’s commitment to reduce crashes on Australian roads. The program aims to improve road safety by implementing upgrade measures at each black spot location.
Between July 2013 and May 2020 there were six reported crashes at the intersection, all of which resulted in hospitalisation. The majority of crashes at this intersection occurred as a result of road users on London Road failing to give way to through traffic on Stanbrough Road.
The upgrade included replacing the existing stop signs on London Road with a roundabout. The roundabout will improve safety for all road users by providing a coordinated and controlled traffic flow through the intersection as well as improving visibility and awareness of vehicle priority.
The project involved:
- installing a roundabout at the intersection
- installing splitter islands on Stanbrough Road and London Road
- installing footpath connections and kerb ramps on the eastern side of Stanbrough Road
- installing new LED street lighting
- installing new electricity poles and removing one existing pole
- trimming one street tree on the north-west corner of Stanbrough Road
- road resurfacing, new kerb and channel, line marking, minor landscaping and turfing.
If you would like to find out more about the London Road and Stanbrough Road black spot project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
London Road and Stanbrough Road black spot project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.