Works to change the height of Moggill Road Service Road allow the road to connect the new overpass are continuing.
This is a general notice about upcoming changes. As dates for each construction activity is confirmed, further notifications will be sent to impacted residents.
When will this work take place?
- Day works 7am to 6pm Monday to Saturday
- Night works 7.30pm to 5:30am Sunday to Thursday.
Where will works be?
279, 289 and 291 Moggill Road, Indooroopilly
Access changes form Moggill Road
Following resident feedback and for safety as works progress, additional temporary speed bumps and signage will be installed on Moggill Road Service Road to prevent motorists using this road as a short cut.
Footpath works and detours
Pedestrians have been shifted back into a temporary configuration off the road following the completion of some of the civil works.
Additional footpath detours will be needed as the project progresses.
Temporary service disruptions
Residents should expect some short temporary disruption to services such as gas, water, electricity and telecommunications as each provider upgrades their infrastructure near the properties.
Further notifications about these works will be provided by the service provider and the project team when dates and times are confirmed.
Temporary removal of driveway access
Driveway access to the three properties will be unavailable for various periods of time.
Due to the relocation of the watermain on Moggill Road, these driveway works are now expected to start in mid-late January 2023, weather and site conditions permitting.
Further detailed information will be provided to residents closer to the confirmed start date of works.
Construction/use of temporary carpark – 271 Moggill Road
In preparation for the works in January, residents should expect to see construction of a temporary carpark from late October.
This carpark will be fenced and parking bays formalised with line-marking to ensure adequate parking for the residents and guests of all three properties, noting that the driveways to each property will be impacted at different times and for varying durations.
The carpark will have appropriate signage and video surveillance and a register of permitted vehicles will be kept. Vehicles that are not permitted use of the temporary parking area will be removed.
Due to the temporary nature of the carpark, shade sails are not able to be installed in the carpark or pedestrian detour paths.
To ensure the temporary carpark is for the exclusive use of residents impacted by the works, a permit system will be implemented for your vehicles. If you have not yet provided your details or have further questions, please call or email the project team.
Concrete pours are required during night works on the roundabout site.
To keep the concrete temperature down and allow it to cure correctly, these pours will be done on night shift, however may extend into day shift between 5.30am and 7am.
Residents may hear the concrete pumps on site during these works.
Piling works are required for the construction of the new overpass.
Piling involves excavating a deep shaft and lowering a reinforced steel cage into the hole. The hole is then filled with concrete, which sets around the steel cage.
These works will generate noise and vibrations and will be carried out during the day where possible, to minimise impacts for surrounding residents, however some piling will need to be carried out under night works lane closures due to the proximity to Moggill Road.
Other ongoing works
Other construction activities will include:
- Sewer drainage and watermain upgrade works will continue on night shifts until late 2022.
- Removal and reinstatement of driveways
- Temporary closure of the Moggill Road Service Road
- Removal and relocation of existing footpaths near 289 and 271 Moggill Road
- Removal of grass verge area between 289 and 271 Moggill Road
- Installation of temporary fencing around the construction zones
- Ongoing civil works to raise the level of the road
- Removal of existing infrastructure from private properties (as per discussion between owners and the project team).
What does this mean for me?
In the coming weeks, residents will need to be aware of the following changes:
- Changes to the property: temporary fencing may be installed within the property as works to remove walls
- Letterbox relocation: letterboxes for the 289 and 291 Moggill Road will be relocated when driveway works for those properties start. Further information on location will be provided to residents when confirmed.
- Traffic control: reduced speed limits road closures and footpath detours. Traffic controllers will be on site to assist.
- Noise and dust: noise and possible dust and vibration may be experienced from the construction activities. Reversing beepers and flashing lights are a safety requirement and will be used during work hours.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works. If you have any questions, please contact the project team on:
1800 572 132 (during business hours)
For information outside of business hours, please call Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888 or via email.
Visit brisbane.qld.gov.au and search ‘Moggill Road Corridor upgrade'.
Further notification will be provided to residents as dates are confirmed for each of these construction activities.
We encourage you to speak with the project team about receiving email or SMS updates on these works to ensure you receive the latest information.