As part of the upgrade, water infrastructure upgrade works are required. Outdated watermain infrastructure under Moggill Road needs to be removed and replaced.
When will this work take place?
|Start||17 October 2022|
|Finish||late 2022, weather and site conditions permitting.|
|Time and day||Night works will be carried out Sunday to Thursday from 7.30pm to 5.30am.|
To ensure the safety of motorists and road workers and to minimise traffic disruptions as well as minimise the impact of service disruptions to properties, these works are required to be undertaken at night.
What does this work include?
As part of these works, we will be undertaking:
- saw cutting of the road
- trenching and excavation to replace/install pipes
- road reinstatement works
- lane closures and traffic management and reduced speed limits
- Temporary parking restrictions on Moggill Road southbound lanes.
Stormwater work will be completed in the same area after the watermain work.
Where will the works be?
Works will be undertaken in sections progressively along Moggill Road starting from Musgrave Road and will include the intersection of Nelson Parade and Stamford Road. Lane closures and traffic management will be in place.
How will this work impact me?
- Temporary lighting: lighting towers will be used to light work areas at night.
- Traffic control: Speed limits will be reduced in the work areas. Lane closures, changes to traffic flow and short-term traffic disruptions will occur.
- Noise and dust: Noise and possible dust and vibration may be experienced from the construction activities. For safety reasons, reversing beepers and flashing lights will be used at all times during work hours.
- Property access to residential properties and businesses will be maintained.
Find out more
Visit brisbane.qld.gov.au and search ‘Moggill Road Corridor Upgrade’ to find out more information about the upgrade or sign up to receive up to date email and SMS project alerts.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works.
To find out more about these works or the project, you can contact us via:
- phone on 1800 572 132 (business hours), 1800 572 132 (business hours), 3403 8888 (24-hours)