The temporary closure of the Moggill Road Service Road northern entrance is required to upgrade essential Telstra infrastructure as part of the Moggill Road Corridor Upgrade Project.
When will this work take place?
The work will take place from 7pm Friday 23 September to 5am Monday 26 September.
Where will the works be?
Works will be carried out at the entrance of the Moggill Road Service Road on Moggill Road.
Read the supporting information of the Commercial Service Road Closure map
What does this work include?
Construction activities will include:
- saw cutting of the road
- trenching and excavation to replace/install utilities
- vacuum excavation
- road reinstatement works.
Traffic changes and road closures
For the safety of all road users, there will be changed traffic conditions will be in place:
- Moggill Road Service Road access will be closed from northern end on 7pm Friday 23 September to 5am Monday 26 September.
- Pedestrian access to all businesses will be maintained however some temporary changes may occur.
- Parking for customers accessing business on the service road will be allocated north of the service road
- Customers accessing the service road from the south (near Indooroopilly Central) may be directed by traffic control.
What does this mean for me?
Speed limits will be reduced in the area. Lane closures, changes to traffic flow and short-term traffic disruptions. Traffic controllers will be on site to direct traffic.
Temporary lighting and lighting towers
Temporary lighting and lighting towers will be used to light work areas at night.
Noise, dust and possible vibration
Noise, dust and possible vibration from the construction activities. For safety reasons, reversing beepers and flashing lights will be used at all times during work hours.
We encourage anyone that lives, works or travels into Indooroopilly to plan ahead and subscribe to receive regular email updates.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works. If you have any questions, contact the project team on free call: 1800 572 132 (during business hours) or email the project team. For information outside of business hours, call Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.
Find out more
Visit brisbane.qld.gov.au and search ‘Moggill Road Corridor Upgrade.’