The existing traffic movements around the roundabout will be removed and a temporary signalised intersection at Moggill Road and Coonan Street opened to manage traffic until the new overpass is opened.
Final works to move traffic over to the new intersection will take place from 6pm Sunday 21 August.
The intersection is expected to be operational from 6am on Monday 22 August.
When will this work take place?
Works to switch the traffic will start from 6pm Sunday 21 August, weather and site conditions permitting
|Time||6pm – 7am|
To minimise traffic disruptions and ensure the safety of motorists and road workers, these works will be undertaken at night when traffic volumes are lowest.
We anticipate the temporary intersection will be in place for approximately 12 months until the overpass is operational.
Where will the works be?
Works will be carried out at the Moggill Road and Coonan Street intersection.
What does this work include?
Construction activities during this period will include:
- Commissioning the new traffic lights
- Lane closures and traffic detours around site
- Line marking changes
- Saw cutting.
What does this mean for me?
- Delays: motorists should expect delays in the area surrounding the intersection during these works to move the traffic over to the signalised intersection. Please use alternative routes where possible.
- Changed traffic conditions: all traffic on Moggill Road and Coonan Street will be directed through the temporary signalised intersection. Please plan your journey ahead of time and follow road signs and road markings.
- Traffic control: reduced speed limits, lane closures, changes to traffic flow and short-term traffic disruptions will be required. Traffic controllers and Queensland Police will be on site to assist traffic.
- Access: residential property and business access will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrians and cyclists: please follow signs and directions of traffic controllers for safe movement through the work site.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works. If you have any questions, contact the project team on 1800 572 132 (during business hours) or email the project team.
For information outside of business hours, please call Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.
Find out more
Visit brisbane.qld.gov.au and search ‘Moggill Road Corridor Upgrade’.
We encourage anyone that lives, works or travels into Indooroopilly to plan ahead and subscribe to receive regular email updates.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Why are signals being installed on Moggill Road/Coonan Street?
The temporary signalised intersection will allow for the removal of the existing roundabout and construction of the new overpass over Moggill Road.
How will the temporary signals impact traffic flow in the area?
The temporary signals will be coordinated with surrounding intersections to maximise traffic flow during peak periods on both major roads.
Adjustments to the timing of the signals will be made where necessary.
When will the temporary traffic signals be removed?
The temporary intersection and signals will be removed with the new overpass is opened and operational.
How do I access Indooroopilly Central Shopping Centre?
All driveways to the shopping centre will remain open.
When travelling eastbound (from suburbs such as Kenmore), motorists can turn right onto Coonan Street then left into Keating Street, using the Keating Street driveway to the centre or turn left onto Coonan Street and use the U-turn facility at Waverley Road to enter the centre via the Coonan Street driveway.
Can pedestrian use the temporary signalised intersection?
Due to the volume of traffic and safety, pedestrian facilities have not been included in these temporary signals. Pedestrians should continue to use the existing traffic signals on Moggill Road and Coonan Street.
New pedestrian crossings will be installed as part of the final design.