Turbot Street resurfacing works
Brisbane City Council will be undertaking resurfacing works to Turbot Street between the Brisbane CBD and Spring Hill. These resurfacing works will ensure a well-connected network of safe and continuous routes.
|Address||Turbot Street resurfacing works from Brisbane CBD to Spring Hill|
|Project outcomes||Well-connected network of safe and continuous routes and ensuring the longevity of the structure.|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
As part of Councils maintenance program, recent inspections along Turbot Street, Brisbane to Spring Hill highlighted routine resurfacings works which includes waterproofing of the bridge deck are required to ensure the longevity of the structure.
Continuous day and night shift works are required for the works, which will occur over the following three weekends, weather and construction conditions permitting:
|Location of works||Timing|
|Bridge Structures over Creek Street||
|Road Rehabilitation between Wickham Terrace and Barry Parade||
Resurfacing works include:
- preparation works including profiling and milling of the road resurface. Which includes the bridge full asphalt removal and bridge deck surface cleaning
- installation of a waterproofing membrane on the bridge decks
- reinstatement of line marking, traffic signal loops and access to infrastructure pits, valves and fire hydrants
- lane closures with the use of traffic control and Queensland Police Service (QPS) between Edward Street and Wharf Street with only one lane open to traffic.
Construction noise and impacts
Nearby residents and businesses may experience some temporary inconveniences during resurfacing works which may include:
- low levels of vibration and increased lighting
- limited through traffic during resurfacing works
- no on-street parking in the work zones during resurfacing hours
- detours around the limits of the project
- short delays to local residents and businesses within or near the work zone
- temporary removal of on-street parking along Turbot Street.
Traffic controllers, signage and Queensland Police Service (QPS) will be in place to direct motorist and pedestrians. Motorists may experience some traffic delays and local detours may be required during the work.
Please note: motorists should observe digital road signs and for updates and follow direction of police and traffic control.
Continuous day and night shift works are required during weekend one, two and three:
Road rehabilitation works from Monday 9 November until Thursday 19 November between 7pm and 5am
A Contingency weekend is planned for Friday, 20 November 2020 until Monday, 23 November 2020 should works be affected by weather and or construction conditions.
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much as possible.
We would like to thank local residents and business owners for their patience and understanding during these important works to improve the safety and efficiency of Brisbane’s road network.
For more information about the Turbot Street resurfacing works, you can:
- phone the project team on 07 3178 0093 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Story Bridge Depot
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001.