Webster Road and Kitchener Road rock embankment stabilisation works - Kedron
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that works to stabilise a rock cut located at 210 Kitchener Road, at the intersection of Webster Road and Kitchener Road, Kedron are now complete.
|Address||Rock cut located at 210 Kitchener Road, on the intersection of Webster Road and Kitchener Road, Kedron|
|Project outcomes||Protecting and improving the stability and safety of the existing rock cut|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Council undertook works to stabilise a rock cut at the south-east corner of the intersection, at 210 Kitchener Road, Kedron. Works commenced in early December 2020 and were completed in early February 2021.
The project included:
- excavation and removal of loose material and debris
- installation of shotcrete (sprayed concrete) to slope section along Kitchener Road. The shotcrete was coloured and sculpted to match the surrounding rock
- installation of a stone-pitched wall to the slope section along Webster Road.
This rock cut stabilisation project is part of Council’s commitment to protecting and improving the stability and safety of existing infrastructure around Brisbane.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Webster Road and Kitchener Road stabilisation works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Webster Road and Kitchener Road retaining wall stabilisation works
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.