Motorcycle parking tips
When choosing where to park your motorcycle or scooter, make sure you check if the parking has:
- time limits – parking in the inner city varies from one hour to unlimited
- meter fees – some on-road motorcycle parking spaces are metered
- clearway conditions – these apply at some on-road motorcycle parking locations.
When parking your motorcycle ensure it is locked, and any anti-theft devices are fitted and/or enabled.
Be considerate to pedestrians and fellow riders by following these simple parking guidelines:
- only park within signed parking areas
- park your motorcycle or scooter with the rear wheel in first
- only one motorcycle or scooter per marked space
- if the bay is full, find an alternative parking space. Do not block other motorcycles in
- do not block other motorcycles in
- dismount or walk your motorcycle or scooter while you are on the footpath.
Find out more information about Queensland's Road Rules.