Parking meter payments
Brisbane City Council provides on-street pay parking across Brisbane with multiple payment options available including parking meters and pay-by-app. Council has structured pricing based on parking zones.
Brisbane has three parking zones:
- Zone one: Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
- Zone two: city fringe
- Zone three: rest of Brisbane.
Some parking spaces in the CBD have different restrictions during peak hours. Always check traffic signs before parking your vehicle.
Fee capping system
Council has capped fees for on-street parking in Brisbane depending on which zone you park in.
|Parking area zone||Maximum charge|
Zone one: Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
|Weekdays - $11
Weekends - $6.60
Zone two: city fringe
|Weekdays - $9.20
Weekends - $4.40
Zone three: rest of Brisbane
For example, the hourly rate in zone two for meters with an allowable parking time of more than four hours is $1.80, therefore if you put:
- $3.60 into the parking meter, you get two hours of parking time
- $9 into the parking meter, you get five hours of parking time
- $9.20 into the parking meter, allows you to park for the maximum signed parking time (up to 12 hours).
Council's mobile payment provider for parking is CellOPark Australia. You can access CellOPark Australia via a free app for mobile devices, CellOPark Australia's website or phone on 07 5646 5222. You will no longer be charged transaction fees when paying via phone, however standard call charges apply.
Council accepts payment via:
- mobile phone payments
- coins (20c, 50c, $1, $2 are accepted)
- credit cards (Visa or MasterCard).
Always check the parking meter instructions for payment options.
There is no need to display a ticket on your vehicle as our parking inspectors validate parking sessions via your number plate.
Tap N Go Payment
A Tap N Go payment option is available for all electronic parking meters within the Brisbane City Council area.
Customers using this option can use Mastercard Paypass and Visa Paywave technology by either inserting their card into the reader for payment or tapping their card against the external card reader for a speedier transaction process. Smartphone payments such as Android or Apple Payment options also are enabled for Tap N Go, with a suitable phone.
If your preferred parking payment option is not available, report the issue as soon as possible.
For parking meter faults:
- text Council on 0428 410 111 with the parking meter number, vehicle registration and parking meter issue
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to report the fault.
For app payment issues, contact CellOPark Australia on 07 5646 5222 to report the issue.