Parking meter mobile phone payments
Any on-street paid parking session can be started, stopped and paid for from your mobile device. CellOPark Australia provides this service on behalf of Brisbane City Council.
Brisbane City Council and CellOPark Australia’s $10 free parking credit offer
Start your Christmas early with a gift of $10 free parking credit from Brisbane City Council when you sign up to the CellOPark Australia app.
All you need to do is sign up during Council’s 12 days of Christmas campaign, from 1-12 December using the promo code "BCC12days", to receive $10 free credit, valid for use at Council’s on-street parking until the end of March 2017.
With a stop and start feature, you pay only for the parking you actually use, leaving you with some extra pocket money this Christmas. Accounts are charged based on a monthly billing cycle, after the 24th of each month, so you only pay once per month for the parking fees you have accumulated during the billing cycle.
The CellOPark Australia app is free to download via the App Store or Google Play, with a premium service available for those wanting to receive parking meter expiry reminders.
Terms and conditions:
- Promotion: This Promotion opens at 12.00 am on 1 December 2016 and closes on 11.59 pm on 12 December 2016.
- How to receive your credit: Sign up to the CellOPark Australia App (“the APP”) between 1-12 December 2016 and enter the promotion code "BCC12days" into the promotion code field to receive your free $10.00 parking credit (“the Credit”). The App is available for download from the App Store and Google Play.
- Credit: The Credit is only valid for use until 11.59 pm on 31 March 2017 and is only for use at Brisbane City Council on-street parking spaces. Credits are limited to one credit per CellOPark Australia parking account.
- Payments: The App is managed and administered by CellOPark Australia Pty LTD on behalf of Brisbane City Council. Any credit will be credited to your CellOPark Australia Account and is not redeemable for cash.
- Existing Customers: If you are an existing iPark customer, once you register as a CellOPark Australia customer during 1-12 December, you will also receive the free $10.00 parking credit. Existing customers who signed up since March 2016 will also be eligible to receive the $10 credit which will be credited to your CellOPark Australia customer account.
- Regulations: Parking must be in accordance with Council local laws and regulations as displayed on Council’s parking signs. The Credit cannot be used for payment or part payment of any parking fines or infringements.
- No Liability of Council: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible applications or sign ups. CellOPark Australia Pty Ltd ABN 63 130 676 149 is the owner of the CellOPark Australia App (the”App”) and by downloading the App, the Customer accepts that, to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is sustained (including but not limited to direct or indirect consequential loss) by the Customer as a result of downloading or using the App. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the credit.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Council reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the promotion without notice or further recourse for customers.
- The Promoter of the Promotion is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through Transport, Planning and Strategy Branch, Brisbane Infrastructure Division, whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.
- For more information on this Council offer, or for assistance, please contact CellOPark Australia on 07 5646 5222, or Council on 07 3403 8888.
How it works
CellOPark Australia offers a range of payment methods that allow you to pay for your parking session from your mobile device.
These options include:
- make a payment via the CellOPark Australia app (available for download via Apple Store and Google Play)
- make a payment via the CellOPark Australia website
- make a payment by phoning CellOPark Australia on 07 5646 5222.
To make payment for a parking session from your mobile device you will need to register as a CellOPark Australia user. You can register via the app, website or by phoning CellOPark Australia.
Once you have registered your personal and billing details you can pay for available on-street parking with your mobile device. It is important to note that your account is set up in a monthly billing cycle. This means that you will be charged after the 24th of each month only for the parking that your account accumulated during the previous billing cycle.
To start parking
After you have parked your vehicle, open the CellOPark Australia app and make sure you select your vehicle registration from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
To start your session you can either:
- select Brisbane as your location from the drop down menu, and enter the correct zone number (look for the 7 digit number printed on the side of the nearest parking meter) and select start
- scan the QR code located on the side of the parking meter (directly underneath the 7 digit zone number) which will start your session automatically.
If you don't have a smart phone you can still pay for parking by phoning CellOPark Australia or by visiting the website and follow the prompts.
Once the parking session has started the countdown timer will begin and display the maximum remaining time for your parking session. When your parking session has started, parking officers will see a valid parking session is underway when they check your number plate.
To stop parking
Simply select “stop” in the app or on the website. Your account is charged only for the time that you actually use. Alternatively phone CellOPark to end your parking session.
You can end a parking session with any of the available methods, as long as you us the same mobile number linked to the account.
Premium account features
Premium service users can opt to receive SMS reminders advising when their parking session has 15 minutes remaining, as well as activating the iMoved feature which detects that you may have driven away without ending the parking session and reminds the customer to stop the current parking session.
This service costs $1.99 per month per registered vehicle and covers unlimited messages and notifications during that month. Premium account holders who don't use these services in a particular month will not be charged a service cost for that month.
15 minute free parking
15 minute free parking, and other valid Council parking special deals can be accessed through the CellOPark Australia mobile parking app.
The following charges apply for mobile phone parking payments. Accounts are charged based on a monthly billing cycle, after the 24th of each month, so you only pay once per month for the parking fees you have accumulated during the billing cycle.
|Download the CellOPark Australia app||Free|
|Registration sign up||Free|
|Transaction cost using app||Free|
|Transaction cost using phone||Call charges apply|
|Premium Account (optional) which includes SMS reminders and iMoved feature||$1.99 per registered vehicle per month|
The mobile phone payment system is managed by CellOPark Australia.