Maritime Museum ferry terminal upgrade
After being severely damaged in the 2011 flood, the temporary Maritime Museum ferry terminal has been upgraded to become a more flood resilient, more accessible, permanent ferry terminal.
|Address||Lower River Terrace, South Brisbane|
The upgraded Maritime Museum terminal:
The upgraded Maritime Museum ferry terminal opened on 23 June 2015.
CityHoppers service the accessible, flood-resilient terminal daily.
For timetable information or to plan your journey visit translink.com.au or phone TransLink on 13 12 30.
About the project
The Maritime Museum terminal upgrade has involved:
- dismantling and removing the existing pontoon, gangway and piles
- construction of a new gangway and pontoon
- improving access paths with the inclusion of a new disability drop-off bay on Lower River Terrace.
This project was delivered under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements, a joint Commonwealth and Queensland government initiative with the Commonwealth Government providing 75 per cent of the funds and the Queensland Government providing 25 per cent.
A more accessible terminal
The new terminal was designed to make access as easy as possible for everyone, by including:
- a gangway that remains accessible and maintain level landings as the river rises and falls
- continuous handrails along the gangway and pontoon to guide commuters from the terminal entrance to the boarding gate
- simple journey maps, with braille, that will include where you are and which direction you can travel to other terminals
- tactile ground surface indicators that will help to provide safer wayfinding
- an accessible ramp on the pontoon from the gangway to the boarding gate
- additional seating and rest zones in the waiting area
- improved terminal lighting that will meet current standards, including signage lighting
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Maritime Museum ferry terminal upgrade project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Transport Planning and Programs team
Transport Planning and Strategy
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001