Thornton Street ferry terminal maintenance - Kangaroo Point
Brisbane City Council is undertaking maintenance works on the Thornton Street ferry terminal at Kangaroo Point.
|Address||Thornton Street ferry terminal, Kangaroo Point|
|Project outcomes||Necessary maintenance works have been completed at Thornton Street ferry terminal to improve the amenity of the ferry terminal and maintain an operational standard.|
About the works
The Thornton Street ferry terminal provides important cross-river and CityHopper ferry services to Kangaroo Point, with up to 10 vessels docking at the terminal every hour. Maintenance works were completed to improve the amenity of the terminal and ensure it continues to provide valuable ferry services into the future.
Works at the terminal involved:
- modifications to increase buoyancy and improve stability and freeboard height
- pivot points on the gangway replaced
- sections of the waiting area repaired
- areas of the stone river wall repaired by removing unstable material and replacing with rock fill
- new non slip gangway surface
- enhance pedestrian safety around the terminal entry/exit.
These maintenance works are part of Council's commitment to improving Brisbane's public transport network and delivering Australia's most modern public and active transport.
Timing of the works
Maintenance works commenced in late November 2017 and were completed in January 2018.
If you would like more information about the Thornton Street ferry terminal maintenance works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone the project team on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Thornton Street ferry terminal maintenance works
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001