Lost property and feedback
Have you lost an item on a Brisbane City Council bus, CityCat or ferry, or at a bus stop? Find out how to claim lost property. This page also provides advice on how to provide feedback on public transport in Brisbane.
Buses and bus stops
Council offers a lost property service for items left on Council buses and bus stops.
Council will notify owners of items that are labelled or contain identification details as soon as practicable.
Council will retain lost items for a period of time, based on the perceived value of the item.
- Perishable items (such as food) and extremely low value items will be disposed of immediately.
- Items valued at less than $100 with no perceived sentimental value, will be retained for a period of one month.
- Items of sentimental value, such as photographs, religious items and autographed items, will be retained for a period of two months.
- Items valued at $100 or more, such as laptops, mobile phones, wallets or handbags, will be retained for a period of two months.
If you have left an item on a Council bus or at a bus stop, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.
Third party collection
An authorised person can claim an item of lost property on behalf of the owner.
The authorised person must provide Council with:
- personal identification
- copies of the owner's identification and/or proof of ownership
- an authority to release statement from the owner (for example, an email, a letter or an image on a digital device).
Parents collecting items on behalf of children under the age of 18 will only require their personal identification.
CityCat and ferry
If you have left an item on a Council CityCat, CityFerry or CityHopper, phone Transdev Brisbane Ferries on 07 3229 7778 seven days a week, from 9am to 5pm (except Christmas Day).
TransLink is responsible for receiving and coordinating feedback regarding all public transport in Brisbane, including Council's bus, ferry and CityCat services. Translink may respond directly or refer the matter to Council for investigation.
Provide feedback via TransLink including feedback about routes, drivers and incidents.