Lost property and feedback
Find out how to claim lost property from a Brisbane City Council bus, CityCat, ferry or bus stop. This page also provides advice on how to provide feedback on public transport in Brisbane.
Buses and bus stops
Council offers a lost property service for items left on Council buses and at bus stops.
Owners of labelled items or those containing identification details will be contacted by Council as soon as practicable.
Lost items are retained for a period of time, based on the perceived value of the item:
- extremely low value or perishable items (such as food) items are disposed of immediately
- less than $100 with no perceived sentimental value, are retained for one month
- sentimental value, such as photographs, religious items and autographed items, are retained for two months
- $100 or more, such as laptops, mobile phones, wallets or handbags, are retained for two months.
If you have left an item on a Council bus or at a bus stop, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.
Third party collection
An authorised person can claim an item of lost property on behalf of the owner.
The authorised person must provide Council with:
- personal identification
- copies of the owner's identification and/or proof of ownership
- an authority to release statement from the owner (e.g. an email, letter or an image on a digital device).
Parents collecting items on behalf of children under the age of 18 only require their personal identification.
CityCat and ferry
If you have left an item on a Council CityCat, CityFerry or CityHopper, phone Transdev Brisbane Ferries on 07 3229 7778. They are open seven days a week from 9am-5pm (except Christmas Day).
TransLink is responsible for receiving and coordinating feedback regarding all public transport in Brisbane. This includes Council's bus, ferry and CityCat services. TransLink may respond directly or refer the matter to Council for investigation.
Provide feedback via TransLink including feedback about routes, drivers and incidents.