Little Dock Street Safety Improvement Project
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise construction of safety improvements to the Kangaroo Point Bikeway at Little Dock Street, South Brisbane is now complete.
|Address||Little Dock Street, South Brisbane|
|Project outcome||Improved safety for pedestrians and cyclists|
Construction is now complete
The Little Dock Street Safety Improvement Project will enhance safety and reduce conflicts between cyclists and pedestrians by redirecting cyclist traffic from the existing pathway onto an enhanced Shared Zone on Stanley Terrace and Little Dock Street.
The project involved:
- reconfiguring a section of the Kangaroo Point Bikeway from Little Dock Street to the Goodwill Bridge to increase cyclist capacity
- widening a shared pathway on the corner of Vulture Street and Dock Street that will minimise conflicts between pedestrians and cyclists
- installing high speed entry and exit kerb ramps to link with on-road cycle facilities
- enhancing a current Shared Zone on Little Dock Street and Stanley Terrace.
The project was delivered as part of Council’s commitment to provide $120 million in new bikeway infrastructure over four years through the Better Bikeways 4 Brisbane program.
Council would like to thank residents and businesses for their patience and understanding while these safety improvement works were undertaken.
If you would like more information about the Little Dock Street safety improvement project, you can:
- phone the project information line on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Little Dock Street safety improvement project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001