Narcissus Place bridge replacement - Calamvale
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that works to replace the pedestrian bridge in Gowan Road Park that connects Narcissus Place and Waterlily Place in Calamvale are now complete. The existing bridge was nearing the end of its serviceable lifespan and in order to maintain a safe crossing, the bridge has been replaced with a new shared pedestrian and cyclist creek crossing.
|Address||Gowan Road Park, Calamvale|
|Project outcomes||Improve creek crossing infrastructure in Gowan Road Park|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Works to upgrade the Narcissus Place pedestrian bridge included:
- creek bank stabilisation works
- removing the existing pine bridge structure
- installation of a three-metre-wide concrete culvert crossing with bicycle friendly handrails
- installation of a new three-metre-wide concrete path on either side of the new creek crossing that connects into the existing local path network.
- removal of approximately 28 trees and one tree stump
- landscaping works including replanting 20 trees and over 60 shrubs.
Council would like to thank local residents for their patience while these works were undertaken.
- Narcissus Place bridge replacement project plan (PDF - 1.4Mb)
- Narcissus Place bridge replacement project plan (Word - 408kb).
Works started in mid-February 2018 and were completed early July 2018.
If you would like to find out more about the Narcissus Place bridge replacement project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Narcissus Place bridge replacement
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.