Completed road and intersection upgrades
Use this page to find Brisbane City Council road works and upgrade projects completed in the 2018-19 financial year and some projects completed late in 2017-18. You can also find out about current roadworks and intersection upgrade projects.
- Fortitude Valley - McLachlan Street stormwater drainage upgrade
This project improved drainage infrastructure and increased future flood immunity in Fortitude Valley.
- Bowen Hills - Inner City Bypass upgrade
This upgrade provided increased capacity on the Inner City Bypass, improved travel times and safety for all road users, and improved connectivity to Legacy Way and the wider road network. It was completed in August 2018.
- Paddington - Nash Street stormwater drainage upgrade
Improved drainage infrastructure in Paddington.
- Toowong - Sylvan Road peak period bike lanes
This project improved safety for all road users.
- Bracken Ridge - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project: stage 1b
This project improved travel times, safety and road flood immunity. It was completed in late October 2017.
- Eagle Farm - Schneider Road bridge maintenance works
Renewed bridge components to ensure the bridge reaches the expected life span.
- Grange and Wilston - Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade
Reduced congestion and improved safety and traffic efficiency.
- McDowall - Beckett Road and Hamilton Road intersection upgrade
The project increased capacity, reduced congestion and improved safety for road users. It was completed in July 2018.
- Wavell Heights - Newman Road and Main Avenue intersection upgrade
Improved safety, access and reduced congestion.
- Wavell Heights - Shaw Road sports precinct access road intersection upgrade
Improved access and safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
- Heathwood - Stapylton Road and Johnson Road intersection upgrade
Reduced traffic congestion and improving road safety.
- Inala - Inala Avenue, Corsair Avenue and Serviceton Avenue intersection upgrade
Reduced congestion and improved efficiency and safety for all road users.
- Sunnybank Hills - Hellawell Road, The Avenue and Borella Road intersection upgrades
Installed traffic signals along Hellawell Road at the intersections with The Avenue and Borella Road to improve traffic efficiency and safety for all road users.
- Wacol - Wolston Creek Bridge upgrade
Upgrading Wolston Creek Bridge to increase safety and accessibility and improve travel time reliability and freight connectivity.
- Annerley - Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade
Improved traffic efficiency and enhancing safety for all road users.
- Chandler - Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection upgrade
Improved road safety and reducing traffic congestion for road users.
- Coorparoo - Boundary Road and Whites Hill Reserve access road intersection upgrade
Reduced congestion and improved access and safety for motorists.
No road or intersection projects have been completed in this area in the 2018-19 financial year.