Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade - Grange and Wilston
Brisbane City Council has upgraded the intersection of Days Road and Kedron Brook Road at Grange and Wilston to improve traffic efficiency and increase safety for all road users.
|Address||Days Road and Kedron Brook Road, Grange and Wilston|
|Ward||Marchant and Enoggera|
|Project outcomes||Reduce congestion and improve safety|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Council replaced the roundabout with a signalised intersection and pedestrian crossings to reduce congestion, improve traffic efficiency and increase safety for all road users. These works will help cater for existing and future traffic demands along this busy corridor.
The intersection at Days Road and Kedron Brook Road was identified as a priority location to be upgraded as part of the Wilston Grange Precinct Transport Study in 2015.
This project is part of Council’s commitment of $1.3 billion to more than 90 road improvement projects to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
The upgrade will included:
- replacing the existing roundabout with new traffic signals and controlled pedestrian/cycle crossings
- installing a concrete centre median on Days Road on the eastern side of the intersection
- installing a left-turn slip lane from Kedron Brook Road into Days Road with a controlled pedestrian/cycle crossing
- installing yellow lines to formalise parking restrictions and new signage for peak hour parking bans on Days Road
- installing new shared pathways on the western side of Kedron Brook Road, northern side of Days Road and western side of Uxbridge Street
- installing new sections of bicycle lane on Kedron Brook Road, Days Road and Uxbridge Street, including bicycle friendly kerb ramps
- changing access at Uxbridge Street to left-in and left-out only
- line marking and signage.
As part of the upgrade, new plantings at the intersection included a pink trumpet tree and three Ivory Curl trees. A further 11 trees will be planted in the local area to enhance the amenity and maintain the character of the tree lined streets.
To allow for the upgrade, some on-street parking on Days Road and Kedron Brook Road has been removed and parking restrictions now apply during peak periods on Days Road. Signs have been installed to advise of these restrictions.
View the project plan and latest project update newsletter in your preferred format:
- Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade project plan (PDF - 1.53Mb)
- Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade project plan (Word - 1.31Mb)
- Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade project update newsletter - December 2017 (PDF - 15Mb)
- Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade project update newsletter - December 2017 (Word - 2.1Mb).
Construction started in July 2018 and was completed in October 2018.
Benefits for the communtiy include:
- reduced traffic congestion and improve traffic flow efficiency
- improved safety for all road users
- increased intersection capacity to accommodate existing and future traffic demands
- improved facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.
If you would like to provide feedback, ask questions or find out more about the Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 600 163 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.