Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade - Wavell Heights
Brisbane City Council has completed works to upgrade the Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection at Wavell Heights.
This project was part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment on more than 90 roads to take real action on congestion. The upgrade focused on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
|Address||Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road, Wavell Heights|
|Project outcomes||Improved traffic flow and reduced congestion.|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
The upgrade provides an additional right-turn lane from Hamilton Road to Sandgate Road, as well as an extended left-turn pocket from Hamilton Road.
The project included:
- minor road widening on Hamilton Road from the Sandgate Road intersection to Wade Street
- reconfiguring the road alignment to create a second right-turn lane from Hamilton Road to Sandgate Road
- extending the length of the left-turn pocket on Hamilton Road
- providing a right-turn pocket for westbound traffic on Hamilton Road turning into Wade Street
- upgrading the traffic islands to suit the revised layout
- installing yellow no standing lines to formalise parking restrictions on the northern and southern sides of Hamilton Road
- installing a new footpath on the northern and southern side of Hamilton Road
- associated tree removal and landscaping works, including offset planting of 27 mature trees in the local area
- line marking.
Download the project plan:
- Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade project plan (PDF - 478.3kb)
- Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade project plan (Word - 1Mb).
Construction commenced late April 2018 and was completed late November 2018.
For more about the Hamilton and Sandgate Roads intersection upgrade:
- phone the project team on 1800 312 777 during business hours
- phone Council on 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Hamilton and Sandgate Roads intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.