Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade - Wavell Heights
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that works to upgrade the Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection at Wavell Heights are now complete.
This project was part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment on more than 90 roads to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
The completed project will improve safety, cater for current and future traffic demands and reduce congestion.
Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road, Wavell Heights
Improved traffic flow and reduced congestion
End of construction
About the project
The upgrade provides an additional right-turn lane from Hamilton Road to Sandgate Road, as well as an extended left-turn pocket from Hamilton Road.
The project included:
- minor road widening on Hamilton Road from the Sandgate Road intersection to Wade Street
- reconfiguring the road alignment to create a second right-turn lane from Hamilton Road to Sandgate Road
- extending the length of the left-turn pocket on Hamilton Road
- providing a right-turn pocket for westbound traffic on Hamilton Road turning into Wade Street
- upgrading the traffic islands to suit the revised layout
- installing yellow no standing lines to formalise parking restrictions on the northern and southern sides of Hamilton Road
- installing a new footpath on the northern and southern side of Hamilton Road
- associated tree removal and landscaping works, including offset planting of 27 mature trees in the local area
- line marking.
Download the project plan:
- Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade project plan (PDF - 478.3kb)
- Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade project plan (Word - 1Mb).
Construction commenced late April 2018 and was completed late November 2018.
If you would like to find out more about the Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade:
- phone the project team on 1800 600 163 during business hours
- phone Council on 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001