Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade - Annerley
Council is pleased to announce that the Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade in Annerley is now complete. This upgrade will improve overall efficiency and safety for all road users and pedestrians using the intersection.
|Address||Juliette Street and Ipswich Road, Annerley|
|Project outcomes||Improve traffic efficiency and enhance safety for all road users.|
|Latest news||Download the project plan:
Download the latest newsletter:
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Council upgraded the Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection to improve traffic flow, reduce travel times and improve safety for all road users.
This project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment on more than 90 road projects to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
The project involved:
- minor widening of Juliette Street to provide an additional lane on approach to the intersection
- changing the lane arrangements to a single left-turn slip lane, a single through lane and two right turn lanes
- providing new traffic signal pedestals and lanterns in the centre medians on Ipswich Road
- replacing existing asphalt footpath on the northern corner of Juliette Street and Ipswich Road and installing a new concrete footpath on the southern corner of Juliette Street and Ipswich Road
- widening the existing footpath on the southern side of Juliette Street, between Ipswich Road and Emperor Street, to 1.5 metre-wide
- re-constructing driveways at four properties on the southern side of Juliette Street as part of the road widening and footpath works
- constructing new kerb and channel on the south side of Juliette Street
- modifying the island on Juliette Street and the two centre medians on Ipswich Road
- new line marking and landscaping
- road resurfacing works.
To ensure efficient vehicle movements through the intersection, some on-street parking restrictions have been implemented during AM and PM peak times on the southern side of Juliette Street. Signs have been installed to advise of these restrictions.
In order to upgrade the intersection, Council removed eight small-to-medium street trees on the southern side of Juliette Street. Vegetation impacts have been offset in accordance with Council polices and relevant legislative requirements. Approximately 16 trees will be planted in the local area. To ensure safe access for local residents from their properties to Juliette Street, Council will not be replanting trees on the southern side of Juliette Street.
The intersection upgrade will reduce congestion, improve traffic efficiency and safety for all road users, and provide better accessibility to the local area.
Construction started in May 2018 and was completed in early November 2018.
If you would like more information about the Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team during business hours on 1800 290 832
- phone Council after hours on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.