Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection upgrade - Belmont
Construction works to upgrade the Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection at Belmont are now successfully completed.
|Address||Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road, Belmont|
|Project outcomes||Reduced traffic congestion and improved road safety|
About the project
The Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection upgrade was part of Brisbane City Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
This intersection was identified as a location within the local road network that required an upgrade to reduce congestion, improve safety and cater for future traffic demands.
Council's upgrade involved:
- widening Meadowlands Road on the southern side
- extending the left-turn lane along Meadowlands Road into Belmont Road by approximately 150 metres
- installing new 1.5 metre-wide on-road bike lanes on the northern and southern sides of Meadowlands Road leading to Belmont Road
- installing bike off-ramps for safe transition between on-road and off-road cycle facilities
- installing 205 metres of new guardrail on the southern side of Meadowlands Road
- upgrading sections of existing footpath at the intersection
- resurfacing a section of Meadowlands Road
- reinstating existing and installing new line marking.
Council identified an opportunity to reconfigure lanes on the northern side of the Meadowlands Road Bridge as part of the project, to further extend the eastbound lane from 150 metres to 300 metres. This work has been completed and will help to further increase project benefits.
Construction began in mid-April 2018 and was completed in mid-July 2018.
Council would like to thank residents, businesses and road users for their patience and cooperation while these important works were carried out.
The upgrade has increased capacity, reduced congestion and improved safety for all road users.
If you would like to more information about the Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001