Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project: Stage 1b - Bracken Ridge
Construction of Stage 1b of the Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project (from Norris Road to Mustang Street) in Bracken Ridge is complete.
This upgrade was jointly funded by Brisbane City Council and the Australian Government through the Roads to Recovery program.
|Address||Telegraph Road, Bracken Ridge|
|Project outcome||Improved travel times, safety and road flood immunity.|
Construction complete in late October 2017.
Download the project plan:
Download the project newsletters:
About the project
Stage 1b improves safety, travel times and road flood immunity. It caters for existing and future traffic demands in the area to reduce congestion.
The project involved:
- widening Telegraph Road (to the southern side) from two lanes to four lanes with a centre median (from Norris Road to east of Mustang Street)
- constructing a swale drain in the centre median
- reforming the drainage channel on the southern side of Telegraph Road from the Bill Brown Sports Reserve to Mustang Street
- signalising the intersection of Telegraph Road and Mustang Street
- providing a U-turn facility 400 metres from the Telegraph Road and Norris Road intersection
- providing a U-turn facility at the intersection of Telegraph Road and Mustang Street, travelling eastbound
- providing a shared pedestrian/cyclist footpath on the southern side of Telegraph Road
- providing on-road cycle lanes on both sides of Telegraph Road
- improving drainage and flood immunity for Telegraph Road
- preserving the road corridor for future widening of Telegraph Road to six lanes
- landscaping works, including the planting of trees, shrubs and ground cover.
With completion of Stage 1b, all four lanes opened between Norris Road and Mustang Street. Council activated the traffic signals at Mustang Street, which include signalised pedestrian crossings.
Upon completion of these works, the newly laid road pavement was uneven and didn't meet Council's requirements. Council's contractor has undertaken rectification works which involved re-laying the final asphalt layer. The resurfacing work completed in late October. Council thanks the local community for their ongoing patience during these rectification works.
Stage 1b of the Telegraph Road corridor upgrade will link with the Stage 2 upgrade. Find more information about Stage 2 (Mustang Street to the Gateway Motorway on/off-ramps) and view the fly-through video.
You can also watch this video and other related videos on Council's YouTube channel.
If you would like to find out more about the Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project - stage 1b, you can:
- phone the project information line on 1800 884 681 during working hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 after hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project: Stage 1b
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.