Boardwalk Rehabilitation projects
Brisbane City Council has identified a number of Riverwalks around Brisbane that require works to enhance the life of the structures and ensure that they remain safe and serviceable, without restrictions, for the benefit of users.
Four locations have been identified as part of the Boardwalk Rehabilitation program to be rehabilitated by Council in the 2018-19 financial year including:
- CT White Park Lookout Structure, Kangaroo Point
- Mariners Reach Riverwalk, Newstead
- Bretts Wharf Riverwalk, Hamilton
- City Reach Boardwalk (2 sections), Brisbane CBD.
For more information on the location of the boardwalk projects:
- Boardwalk Rehabilitation projects - project plan (PDF - 1.06Mb)
- Boardwalk Rehabilitation projects - project plan (Word - 606Kb).
Council is committed to keeping the local community informed and will provide advance notification closer to the start of construction of these projects. Where possible, Council will endeavour to keep the Riverwalks open for public use during construction however there may be occasions where temporary closures are required. Council will ensure detour signage is onsite to notify of any closures.
These projects are part Council’s commitment to improving quality of life for residents while ensuring our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Riverwalk Rehabilitation projects:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Boardwalk Rehabilitation Projects team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.