Indooroopilly Bikeway (Radnor Street) - Stage 1 project - Indooroopilly
Brisbane City Council is planning to deliver new bikeway infrastructure as part of the Indooroopilly Bikeway project.
|Address||Witton Road to Radnor Street, Indooroopilly|
|Project outcome||Improve safety and connectivity for cyclists and pedestrians|
Download the preliminary design project plan:
Download the project plan:
|Latest news||Community consultation has closed.|
About the project
The Indooroopilly Bikeway project will complete a missing link in the bikeway network, providing a connection for cyclists and pedestrians between the Western Freeway and the University of Queensland.
Brisbane City Council is planning to deliver Stage 1 of this project as part of the Better Bikeways 4 Brisbane program, creating dedicated bikeways and active travel options with a $100 million investment from 2016 to 2020. Stage 1 will connect Witton Road, at the corner of Twigg Street, and to Radnor Street, near Foxton Street, including a short pedestrian connection to Riverview Terrace.
The project aims to provide a safe connection for cyclists and pedestrians and create a high quality, connected, accessible recreation and commuter route for Brisbane residents.
Council will deliver the project in stages. Stage 2 will extend the first stage, under the Walter Taylor Bridge and connect to the Witton Barracks on the eastern side, at the existing Jack Pesch Bikeway. Stage 2 will be delivered as a separate future project, when funding becomes available.
The proposed preliminary design will improve safety and accessibility for pedestrians and cyclists and includes:
- a new 5 metre-wide shared pathway with separate facilities for pedestrians and cyclists
- connections to Foxton Street and Riverview Terrace
- upgrading the Foxton Street/Radnor Street intersection
- lighting along the length of the pathway
- landscaping and wayfinding signage.
- Indooroopilly Bikeway - artist impression - Walter Taylor bridge (Word - 1Mb)
- Indooroopilly Bikeway - artist impression - Regatta Street (Word - 1.1Mb)
- Indooroopilly Bikeway - artist impression - Twigg Street (Word - 1.25Mb).
The project will benefit the community by:
- creating a high quality, connected and accessible recreation and commuter route for residents of the western suburbs of Brisbane
- forming a key between the Western Freeway and The University of Queensland and connecting to the Brisbane River Loop bikeway
- encouraging commuter and recreational walking and cycling
- enhancing lifestyle and leisure opportunities for residents in the area
- improving safety, connectivity and visibility for cyclists and pedestrians.
The preliminary design was completed in May 2018, and was open for consultation from 14 May to 3 June 2018.
Feedback received during the consultation period will be considered in the detailed design phase, due to be completed in late-2018. Construction is anticipated to begin in early 2019, weather and site conditions permitting.
If you would like to provide comments or find out more about the Indooroopilly Bikeway project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 600 163 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Indooroopilly Bikeway (Radnor Street) - Stage 1 project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001