Kenrick Close Bridge replacement - Wakerley
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that works to upgrade the Kenrick Close bridge in Phillips Place Park, Wakerley are now complete.
|Address||Phillips Place Park, Wakerley|
|Project outcomes||Improve creek crossing infrastructure in Phillips Place Park.|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
The existing bridge was nearing the end of its serviceable lifespan and in order to maintain a safe crossing, the bridge has been replaced with a new shared pedestrian and cyclist creek crossing.
Works to upgrade the Kenrick Close pedestrian bridge included:
- creek bank stabilisation works
- removing the existing timber bridge structure
- installation of a four metre-wide concrete culvert crossing with bicycle friendly handrails
- installation of a new bike path entrance off Phillips Place
- landscaping including planting 49 new trees and shrubs as well as groundcover plants.
Council would like to thank local residents for their patience while these works were undertaken.
Works started in mid-June 2018 and were completed in late September 2018.
If you would like to provide feedback, ask questions, or find out more about the Kenrick Close bridge replacement project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Kenrick Close bridge replacement project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.