Land Street underpass duplication - Auchenflower
The Land Street underpass duplication project is part of Brisbane's City Council's Better Bikeways for Brisbane program, creating dedicated bikeways and active travel options with a $100 million investment.
|Address||Land Street, Auchenflower - between Bicentennial Bikeway and Patrick Lane|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety and connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists.|
|Latest update||Detailed design in progress|
About the project
Council has identified the need to improve safety and capacity for cyclists and pedestrians at the existing Land Street underpass, which links the Bicentennial Bikeway to the Western Freeway Bikeway (via Sylvan Road) at Auchenflower.
The Land Street underpass duplication project involves constructing a new underpass beneath Coronation Drive at Auchenflower, to enhance safety and capacity by separating cyclists and pedestrians.
The project is being undertaken as the current underpass is not wide enough to accommodate future growth expected at this location, increasing the risk of pedestrian and cyclist conflicts. The new underpass will improve safety by separating pedestrians and cyclists, minimising the risk of conflicts and injury, and enhancing capacity to meet future demand.
The preliminary design includes:
- constructing a cyclist-only underpass to the north of the existing Land Street underpass
- converting the existing underpass into a pedestrian only thoroughfare
- incorporating urban design in the project
- lighting and landscaping works
- reconfiguring Bicentennial Bikeway line markings to accommodate new traffic flow.
Download the preliminary design project plan:
- Land Street underpass project plan preliminary design (PDF - 3.7Mb)
- Land Street underpass project plan preliminary design (Word - 3.9Mb)
Have your say
The community was invited to provide feedback on the preliminary design in December 2017 through online survey, phone, email and community information sessions.
Council is now progressing the detailed design based on the feedback received and will keep the community informed as the project progresses.
The project will benefit the community by:
- increasing capacity of an important link between the Bicentennial Bikeway and Western Freeway Bikeway
- improving safety for all users by separating cyclists and pedestrians
- contributing to an extensive network of safe, convenient and connected pathways and bikeways utilised by residents and visitors to easily move around the city
- helping to reduce traffic congestion
- contributing to a healthier, sustainable and more accessible city.
More information will be provided to local residents and businesses as the project progresses.
- phone the project team during business hours on 1800 010 705
- phone Council outside of business hours on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Land Street underpass duplication project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.