Brisbane International Cruise Terminal roads upgrade - Pinkenba
Brisbane City Council is planning to upgrade a number of existing roads between Main Myrtletown Road and Marine Road at Pinkenba, to improve safety and accessibility for road users leading to the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal at Luggage Point.
|Address||Main Myrtletown Road to Marine Road, Pinkenba|
|Project outcomes||Improving safety, accessibility and traffic efficiency|
About the project
Council is planning to upgrade a number of existing roads between Main Myrtletown Road and Marine Road at Pinkenba.
As the main access route to the new terminal, Pinkenba and Luggage Point, the upgrade will support local growth and tourism in Brisbane by improving the connection for local residents, businesses and visitors to the city via Main Myrtletown Road and Kingsford Smith Drive.
Council is jointly funding this upgrade to the local traffic network with Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd., to meet future traffic movements as part of the future development of Pinkenba and the new cruise ship terminal.
The upgrade will include widening the roadway at existing narrow sections to improve safety, and raising the level of some sections of the road to improve flood resilience.
The introduction of the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal to the area and the increase in development in Pinkenba will result in increased traffic. Council is proactively upgrading the road infrastructure to meet this expected future traffic growth.
The project will include:
- widening narrow sections of the roads to improve safety
- raising the road level in sections to meet current overall road network flood resilience
- work to enable future signalising of the Pandanus Avenue and Priors Road intersection
- relocating utility services
- road resurfacing works.
The project will:
- meet future traffic requirements for Pinkenba and the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal at Luggage Point
- improve safety and access for road users
- improve the overall flood resilience of the route.
The project will involve upgrades along a number of road sections that lead to the cruise terminal.
The following outlines the various sections with construction anticipated to commence in early 2019. The construction timing of these sections will be based on funding allocation and are listed in order of priority.
- Main Beach Road between Lewandowski Drive to Marine Road.
- Bancroft Road and Brownlee Street bend.
- Main Beach Road intersection to formed section of Marine Road.
- Unformed section of Marine Road to PoB entrance.
- Brownlee Street and Main Beach Road bend.
- Priors Road and Bancroft Road bend.
- Main Myrtletown Road and Priors Road bend.
- Brownlee Street between Bancroft Road bend and Main Beach Road bend.
Council is committed to keeping local residents and businesses informed of the project as design and construction progresses.
- Brisbane International Cruise Terminal roads upgrade - newsletter (PDF - 10.3MB)
- Brisbane International Cruise Terminal roads upgrade - newsletter (Word - 1.84Mb).
If you have any questions or would like more information about the Brisbane International Cruise Terminal roads upgrade project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 290 832 or Council on 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Brisbane International Cruise Terminal roads upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001