Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - Grange
Brisbane City Council is planning to upgrade the intersection at Grange Road and Raymont Road, Grange to improve traffic efficiency and increase safety for all road users.
|Address||Grange Road and Raymont Road, Grange|
|Project outcomes||Reduce congestion and improve safety|
|Project status||Construction from early 2019 to late 2019|
About the project
Council is planning to widen Grange Road to enable the installation of dedicated left and right turn lanes at the intersection. These works will improve safety for road users and will help cater for existing and future traffic demands along this busy corridor.
This project is a continuation of the outcomes detailed in the Wilston Grange Transport Study which identified this intersection as 'high priority' requiring safety and congestion improvements.
Council is committing $1.3 billion on more than 90 road improvement projects to tackle congestion in Brisbane by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
The Grange Road intersection was observed to have capacity issues during peak periods, particularly associated with vehicles turning into and out of Raymont Road.
The upgrade will involve:
- installing a dedicated right turn lane (southbound) and left turn lane (northbound) on Grange Road into Raymont Road
- widening Grange Road to make allowance for turning lanes
- upgrading the existing traffic signals on Grange Road and Raymont Road
- installing a new centre traffic island at the intersection on Grange Road, south of Raymont Road
- installing new footpath and access ramps
- line marking and signage
- minor landscaping.
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - project plan (PDF - 1.8Mb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - project plan (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - newsletter - March 2018 (PDF - 859Kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - newsletter - March 2018 (Word - 1.5Mb).
Early works are expected to start from late 2018 with construction starting from early 2019 through to late 2019, weather and construction conditions permitting.
More information will be provided to the local community closer to the start of construction.
Council is committed to keeping local residents, businesses and the broader community informed about the intersection upgrade and will provide regular updates as the project progresses.
If you would like to register for SMS or email project updates, email the project team.
Download the project documents in your preferred format:
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - business case (PDF - 641kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - key findings report (PDF - 440kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - key findings report (Word - 120kb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - technical note (PDF - 3.9Mb)
- Wilston Grange Precinct - intersection concept design report (PDF - 13.6Mb)
- Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade - Noise modelling report (PDF - 8.5Mb).
If you would like to provide feedback, ask questions, or find out more about the Grange Road and Raymont Road intersection upgrade, you can: