Green Camp Road corridor upgrade
Brisbane City Council is upgrading the Green Camp Road corridor at Wakerley. The upgrades will improve safety for all road users, improve traffic efficiency and reduce congestion.
|Address||Green Camp Road, Wakerley|
|Ward||Doboy and Chandler|
|Project outcomes||Improve safety and traffic efficiency and reduce congestion|
|Latest update||Construction in progress|
About the project
Work began in mid-May 2018 and will be complete mid-2019, weather and construction conditions permitting.
The upgrade is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to take action on congestion. The upgrade focuses on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
Council is upgrading Green Camp Road between Manly and Rickertt Roads, with joint funding from Council and the Australian Government. The project will improve safety for all road users, reduce traffic congestion and improve travel time.
Features of the upgrade include:
- providing two through lanes in each direction on Green Camp Road from Manly Road to just passed the Rickertt Road intersection
- providing three through lanes on Green Camp Road northbound adjacent to the Tilley Road intersection
- signalising the Green Camp and Tilley Roads intersection
- widening the Tilley Road approach to provide a left and right turn lane
- providing two through lanes on Rickertt Road in each direction for 200 metres from the Green Camp Road intersection
- widening the Rickertt Road approach to provide a separate left-turn lane and two right-turn lanes
- raising the road level and upgrading the existing culverts under the Green Camp and Tilley Roads intersection
- providing on-road cycle lanes and off-road shared paths
- providing fauna crossing facilities, fauna fencing and wildlife awareness zones
- providing improved pedestrian footpath connections
- a new car park north of the Green Camp and Tilley Roads intersection for visitors to Green Camp Road Park
- landscaping treatments.
Once complete, the project will:
- improve travel times and reliability for motorists and public transport services
- enhance the ability for Green Camp Road to fulfil its role as an arterial road in the east Brisbane network
- improve safety by signalising the Green Camp and Tilley Roads intersection and improving the layout of the Green Camp and Rickett Roads intersection
- provide fauna crossing facilities, including arboreal crossings and glider poles, fauna fences and wildlife awareness zones
- provide on-road cycle lanes and off-road shared paths along Green Camp Road
- improve flood immunity.
Construction will generally take place from Monday to Friday between 7am and 5pm, and between 8am and 1pm on Saturday. Some work is required at night or on weekends when traffic volumes are lowest.
Night works are generally from Monday to Friday, between 7pm and 5am. During night works, residents in close proximity to the worksite may experience some temporary impacts including:
- construction noise, such as saw cutting of asphalt and concrete and excavation works (completed before 11pm where possible)
- construction vehicle movements with reversing beepers and flashing lights
- increased lighting from portable light towers
- changed traffic conditions and some traffic delays.
Temporary bus stop relocation
From 20 July 2018 the bus stop at Green Camp Road and Habitat Drive Wakerley was closed. A temporary bus stop is located approximately 110 metres south along Green Camp Road. This temporary change affects passengers who use route 243. The bus stop has a map and sign.
Green Camp Road corridor upgrade fly-through
The fly-through video shows the detailed design features for the Green Camp Road corridor upgrade in Wakerley. Watch the fly-through video to find out about the project.
Alternatively, you can watch the video and other related videos on Council's YouTube channel.
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - key findings from the business case - March 2018 (PDF - 1.11Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - key findings from the business case - March 2018 (Word - 2.21Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - Business case - full document (PDF - 1.4Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - Appendix A (PDF - 16.2Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - Appendix B (PDF - 8.8Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - project plan (PDF - 1.84Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - project plan (Word - 1.63Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - Tilley Road closure detour map (PDF - 18.8Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - Tilley Road closure detour map (Word - 812Kb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - newsletter - August 2018 (PDF - 2.25Mb)
- Green Camp Road corridor upgrade - newsletter - August 2018 (Word - 266.92Kb).
For more information about the Green Camp Road corridor upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 290 832 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Green Camp Road corridor upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.