Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade – Middle Park
Brisbane City Council is planning to upgrade the Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection in Middle Park to improve traffic efficiency, accessibility and safety for all road users.
The project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to tackle congestion in Brisbane by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
|Address||Riverhills Road and Eumong Street, Middle Park|
|Project outcomes||Improved traffic efficiency and safety for all road users|
|Latest news||Construction expected to start in May 2019|
About the project
The intersection at Riverhills Road, Eumong Street and the Park Village shopping centre entrance was identified as a location that requires safety improvements to improve traffic flow efficiency and cater for existing and future demands.
This intersection carries approximately 9000 vehicles per day and there have been four recorded crashes from 2013 to 2018 that resulted in either hospitalisation, medical treatment or minor injury.
A new roundabout will better control traffic flow through the intersection. New traffic islands, pedestrian refuges, footpaths and kerb ramps will improve pedestrian and cyclist safety.
The upgrade will involve:
- installing a new roundabout
- modifying existing traffic islands on Riverhills Road and installing new pedestrian refuges
- installing new traffic islands on Eumong Street
- road resurfacing and line marking including installing yellow no-stopping lines near the intersection to improve sight lines and traffic flow
- upgrading sections of new footpath and pedestrian kerb ramps
- installing new kerb and channel
- installing new LED street lighting.
Five trees are required to be removed as part of the upgrade. However, this vegetation impact will be offset by the planting of four trees for every one removed in the project vicinity and local area, in accordance with Council’s environmental policies and relevant legislative requirements.
- Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade - project plan (PDF - 1.6Mb)
- Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade - project plan (Word - 1.4Mb)
Construction is anticipated to occur from mid-2019 to late 2019, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Council is committed to keeping the local community and stakeholders informed about the intersection upgrade and will provide information as the project progresses.
If you would like to find out more about the Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Riverhills Road and Eumong Street intersection upgrade project team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001