Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection upgrade project - Runcorn
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce plans to upgrade the Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection in Runcorn.
|Address||Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection|
|Project outcomes||Improved access and safety|
View the project plan in your preferred format:
View the newsletter in your preferred format:
About the project
Brisbane City Council will be upgrading the Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection to improve access and safety in the area for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians, as well as ensure it can cater to future traffic demand.
This project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to take real action on congestion, by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
This project will involve:
- widening Warrigal Road from one lane each way to two lanes each way in the vicinity of the intersection
- widening Plum Street on the northern side adjacent to Warrigal Road
- installing traffic signals
- providing intersection crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
- installing new two metre-wide shared pedestrian and cycle paths on either side of Warrigal Road
- resurfacing sections of Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street around the intersection
- installing new line marking
In order to upgrade the intersection, Council had identified a number of street trees and shrubs will need to be removed as part of the project. All work will be carried out in accordance with the relevant environmental guidelines and Council will make every effort to minimise environmental impacts during construction. Vegetation impact will be offset in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislative requirements.
- Design – August 2018
- Consultation – August 2018
- Construction – 2019.
Council is committed to keeping local residents informed of construction activity in their area and will provide advance notification prior to the start of construction of the project.
If you would like more information about the Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection upgrade project, you can
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.