Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection upgrade - Runcorn
Brisbane City Council plans to upgrade the Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection in Runcorn. The upgrade will improve access and safety in the area for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians. It will also cater to future traffic demand.
This project is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects to take action on congestion. The project will focus on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
|Address||Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection|
|Project outcomes||Improved access and safety|
View the project plan in your preferred format:
View the newsletter in your preferred format:
About the project
This project will involve:
- widening Warrigal Road from one lane each way to two lanes each way near the intersection
- widening Plum Street on the northern side adjacent to Warrigal Road
- installing traffic signals
- providing intersection crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
- installing new two metre-wide shared pedestrian and cycle paths on either side of Warrigal Road
- resurfacing sections of Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street around the intersection
- installing new line marking
- removing street trees and scrubs
All vegetation work will be carried out in accordance with the relevant environmental guidelines. Vegetation impact will be offset in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislative requirements.
The project timing involves:
- design - August 2018
- consultation - August 2018
- construction - 2019.
Council will provide advance notification prior to the start of construction of the project.
For more information about the Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection upgrade project, you can
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Warrigal Road, Bellmead Street and Plum Street intersection upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.