Widdop Street upgrade - Nundah
Brisbane City Council is pleased to release the detailed design for the Widdop Street upgrade, Nundah. This project is designed to improve safety in the area for all road users, improve traffic efficiency and ensure these intersections can cater to existing and future demand.
|Address||Widdop Street, Nundah|
|Project outcomes||Increased road safety for all users and improved traffic efficiency|
Detailed designs complete
About the project
Brisbane City Council has identified the intersection of Widdop Street and the Toombul Shopping Centre access at Nundah as a location that requires safety improvements to cater for the existing and future demands of all road users in the area.
A variety of road users including cyclists, pedestrians, motorists and heavy vehicles currently move through the busy Widdop Street and Toombul Shopping Centre intersection.
Increasing traffic volumes will make access for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians through this intersection difficult and unsafe.
Signalising the intersection will improve safety for all road users, including pedestrians and cyclists using Kedron Brook Bikeway which crosses Widdop Street.
This upgrade is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects, to take real action on congestion by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
Key features of the project:
- installation of new traffic signals at the intersection of Widdop Street and the Toombul Shopping Centre access road, including a controlled crossing for pedestrians and cyclists
- constructing an additional northbound lane on Widdop Street to improve traffic flow
- widening the bridge over Schultz Canal to provide a wider path for pedestrians and cyclists
- banning right turns out of Walkers Way to improve safety
- minor relocation of the northbound bus stop
- resurfacing, new kerb and channel, line marking and landscaping.
View the detailed design project plan in your preferred format:
- Widdop Street upgrade - project plan (PDF - 4Mb)
- Widdop Street upgrade - project plan (Word - 1.04Mb).
View the latest project newsletter in your preferred format:
- Construction begins – early 2019
- Project completed – late 2019
- Reduce traffic congestion and improve traffic flow at the Toombul Shopping Centre
- Improve safety for all road users
- Improve facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.
If you would like to more information about the Widdop Street upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email the project team
- write to
Widdop Street upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001