Widdop Street upgrade - Nundah
Brisbane City Council has released the detailed design for the Widdop Street upgrade, Nundah. This project will improve safety in the area for all road users, improve traffic efficiency and ensure these intersections can cater to existing and future demand.
|Address||Widdop Street, Nundah|
|Project outcomes||Increased road safety for all users and improved traffic efficiency|
Detailed designs complete
About the project
Council has identified the intersection of Widdop Street and the Toombul Shopping Centre access at Nundah as a location that requires safety improvements.
Increasing traffic volumes will make access for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians through this intersection difficult and unsafe.
Signalising the intersection will improve safety for all road users. This includes pedestrians and cyclists using Kedron Brook Bikeway which crosses Widdop Street.
This upgrade is part of Council’s $1.3 billion commitment to more than 90 road improvement projects. Council is taking action on congestion by focusing on a range of solutions to improve the existing road network, getting residents home quicker and safer.
Key features of the project:
- installation of new traffic signals at the intersection of Widdop Street and the Toombul Shopping Centre access road
- a controlled crossing for pedestrians and cyclists
- constructing an additional northbound lane on Widdop Street to improve traffic flow
- widening the bridge over Schultz Canal to provide a wider path for pedestrians and cyclists
- banning right turns out of Walkers Way to improve safety
- minor relocation of the northbound bus stop
- resurfacing, new kerb and channel, line marking and landscaping.
View the detailed design project plan in your preferred format:
- Widdop Street upgrade - project plan (PDF - 4Mb)
- Widdop Street upgrade - project plan (Word - 1.04Mb).
View the latest project newsletter in your preferred format:
Construction begins in early 2019 and is expected to be completed by late 2019, weather and construction conditions permitting.
For more information about the Widdop Street upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during working hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of working hours)
- email the project team
- write to
Widdop Street upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001