Current road and intersection upgrades
Council is building an improved road and transport network across Brisbane through a range of key projects including major road construction and intersection upgrades. To improve access to major transport networks, Council is also working to minimise traffic congestion and to improve safety in local areas by constructing intersections, corridor upgrades and minor road projects.
Find out about road and intersection upgrade projects under construction in Brisbane below. You can also find out about completed road and intersection upgrade projects.
- 2016-17 road resurfacing program
The $90 million 2016-17 road resurfacing program will help make suburban streets smoother and safer. Works will occur across every Council ward.
- Portable speed warning signs
Promoting safety through driver awareness and reducing speed around busy neighbourhood roads.
- Brisbane City - Queen's Wharf Brisbane road network improvements project
Constructing an integrated resort and entertainment precinct in the Brisbane CBD.
- Bowen Hills - Inner City Bypass upgrade
Widening the Inner City Bypass between Legacy way and the RNA tunnel to increase capacity and allow for future growth along the key corridor.
- Fortitude Valley - Ivory Street and Boundary Street intersection upgrade
Providing a right-turn movement to improve access and safety for motorists travelling from Howard Smith Wharves Precinct to the Story Bridge and Fortitude Valley.
- Fortitude Valley - Ann Street and Commercial Road black spot improvement project
Improving road safety at the intersection.
- Milton - Castlemaine Street drain desilting project
Improving asset performance and increased maintenance access.
- Wilston - Newmarket Road and Lamont Road intersection black spot improvement project
Upgrading the intersection for improved safety and traffic efficiency through the local area.
- Bracken Ridge - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade: stage 1b
Improving travel times, safety and road flood immunity.
- Bracken Ridge - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade: stage 2
Catering for existing and future traffic demands and improving travel times, safety and road flood immunity.
- Bracken Ridge - Bracken Street widening
Improving road safety and traffic efficiency.
- Hamilton - Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade
Widening Kingsford Smith Drive from four lanes to six lanes between Theodore Street and Breakfast Creek Road.
- Holland Park - Cavendish, Holland and Boundary Roads black spot improvement project
Improving safety and traffic efficiency through the intersection.
- Wacol - Progress Road upgrade: stage 4
Upgrading Progress Road between Boundary Road and Centenary Motorway to improve safety, increase flood immunity and increase capacity to cater for future traffic growth.
- Wacol - Wolston Creek Bridge upgrade
Upgrading Wolston Creek Bridge to increase safety and accessibility and improve travel time reliability and freight connectivity.
- Bulimba - Lytton Road, Apollo Road and Thorpe Street intersection upgrade
Improving safety and reduce congestion at the intersection.
- Coorparoo - Cavendish Road and Goring Street intersection upgrade
Improving safety for pedestrians and motorists.
- East Brisbane - Wynnum Road corridor upgrade: stage 1
Improving safety for road users and catering for existing and future traffic demands along this busy corridor.
- Mount Gravatt East - Creek Road, Tick Street and Greenmeadow Road intersection upgrade
Improving accessibility and traffic flow through the intersection
- Upper Mount Gravatt - Player Street connection feasibility investigation
Undertaking a feasibility investigation into a new road connection at Player Street, Upper Mount Gravatt.
- Wakerley - Tilley Road extension
Reducing traffic congestion and improving safety for all road users in the Manly West, Wynnum West, Wakerley and Chandler areas.
- Ashgrove - Mirrabooka Road bridge replacement
Constructing a new durable concrete bridge.
- Enoggera Reservoir - Mt Nebo Road black spot improvement
Reducing the risk of future accidents and improving safety on Mt Nebo Road.
- Toowong - Sylvan Road peak hour bike lane trial
Improving safety for all road users.