Return to the Transport Plan for Brisbane page.
Looking back - how far we've come
From major road projects, suburban street improvements, bus fleet upgrades and new active transport options, Council has delivered significant improvements to help keep Brisbane moving.
- Delivering more than $7 billion of major infrastructure under the TransApex plan, representing the largest combination of infrastructure projects ever initiated by a local Council in Australia.
- Helping you make healthy and active transport choices, by delivering 130 new bikeway projects between 2012 and 2016 under the Better Bikeways for Brisbane program.
- Tackling traffic congestion to get you home quicker and safer, by delivering 15 years of road projects in four years under the $1.2 billion Road Action Program.
- Ensuring everyone can enjoy Brisbane’s public transport, by delivering a bus fleet that is wheelchair, pram and walking-frame accessible and upgrading ferry terminals.
- Encouraging increased use of sustainable transport, through award-winning travel behaviour change programs, Active School Travel and Cycling Brisbane.
- Keeping Brisbane moving, by using real-time monitoring technology to manage more than 5700km of road network 24/7 through the Brisbane Metropolitan Transport Management Centre.
- Creating a cleaner, greener and more sustainable Brisbane, by using high-efficiency, environmentally friendly diesel engine technology for all new Council buses.