Diwali Festival 2019
4:00pm to 9:00pm
Presented by Brisbane City Council, Diwali Festival (also known as The Festival of Lights), is returning to Chinatown Mall.
Festivities will include traditional live music, dance and performing artists. Special light displays will illuminate the precinct, offering visitors the chance to experience the wonder of this ancient Indian celebration.
- 4pm - Indian classical dance - Odissi
- 4.10pm - Opening and welcome
- 4.20pm - Indian semi-classical dance
- 4.30pm - Sitar performance
- 5pm - Classical-Bollywood fusion dance
- 5.10pm - Indian contemporary dance
- 5.20pm - Bollywood dance
- 5.45pm - Nepalese and Indian musical performances
- 6.20pm - Bollyfit Zumba workshop
- 6.50pm - Youth dance performance
- 7.10pm - Bollywood songs with Avishek Kr Mitra
- 7.40pm - Punjabi Bhangra folk dance
- 7.50pm - Dhol Indian percussion
- 8pm - OzIndia performance
- 8.20pm - Dance Masala performance
- 8.40pm - Bollywood dance workshop.
- Bollywood stilt walker at 5.30-8.30pm.
Available throughout the whole event:
- #myvalleybne Tunnel of Lights
- market stall - gem stones and jewellery
- free henna tattoos.
No bookings required.
Chinatown Mall, Duncan St, Fortitude Valley