Brisbane Powerhouse car park improvement works - New Farm
Brisbane City Council is planning works within the Brisbane Powerhouse car park to improve circulation, safety and access.
Brisbane Powerhouse is an increasingly popular arts and entertainment destination, hosting a significant number of events.
|Address||Brisbane Powerhouse, 119 Lamington Street, New Farm|
|Project outcomes||Improved circulation, safety and access in the car park|
|Latest update||Notification of upcoming works|
About the project
Works within the car park will include:
- upgrading lighting to improve safety
- reconfiguring the car park to improve circulation, safety and access
- resurfacing the car park, including new linemarking.
The works will require removal of five trees from within the car park.
Works within the car park are expected to start in mid-January and be completed in late February 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting.
To allow for construction works, the car park will be closed. Signage will be installed to advise of the exact closure dates. During the closure:
- visitors to the precinct can access public parking in the surrounding area, including New Farm Park.
- passengers may wish to arrange pick-up and drop-off via the ring road in New Farm Park.
Works in Brisbane Powerhouse car park will be undertaken between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday. During construction, residents in close proximity to the car park may notice general construction noise and increased vehicle movements.
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much as possible and thanks local residents and Brisbane Powerhouse patrons for their patience and understanding during these works.
For more information about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Brisbane Powerhouse car park improvement project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.