Walter Taylor Bridge tours
Brisbane City Council has opened the heritage-listed Walter Taylor Bridge at Indooroopilly for public viewing and tours.
The Australian Heritage Commission included the Walter Taylor Bridge in a study of historic bridges in 1985 and entered the bridge on to the Register of the National Estate in 1988. The residences in the Bridge are unique to bridges in Australia.
Council opened the heritage-listed bridge pylon for public viewing in 2013. Tours of the pylon and bridge precinct began by Brisbane Greeters (a friendly and knowledgeable local volunteer) in late October 2013.
Small group bridge tours - for individuals and groups (up to four people)
Small group tours of the Walter Taylor Bridge are available every day by appointment. Groups should book at least seven days in advance. Tours run for approximately one hour and depart from the corner of Railway Avenue and Lambert Road, Indooroopilly (next to Indooroopilly Railway Station). Tours involve a two kilometre bridge precinct walk and internal pylon experience.
For safety reasons and because the Walter Taylor Bridge is a heritage listed site, tours only allow four people to participate, with a maximum of five people permitted inside the bridge pylon at any given time (including the Brisbane Greeter).
- the building is heritage-listed and has no lift access
- you must be able to climb 108 stairs to participate in this tour
- the tour is not recommended for young children or anyone with mobility issues
- there is no pram access
- there are no toilet facilities
- participants under 18 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times
- large backpacks/bags and prams are not permitted
- participants should wear a hat and covered shoes and bring drinking water
- by booking a tour experience, you agree to the Brisbane Greeters terms and conditions.
If you require assistance with your tour booking or want more information about this program, email Brisbane Greeters or phone 07 3156 6364.