INAS Global Games 2019
Brisbane City Council is proud to be a major sponsor of the INAS Global Games 2019 (Games).
From 12-19 October, more than 1000 athletes will converge on Brisbane to participate in the world’s largest sporting event for elite athletes with intellectual impairment.
Join us for the opening ceremony in King George Square on Saturday 12 October from 4-7pm. Find out more.
View Easy Read documents here
An event summary is available in an Easy Read format, download the:
Brisbane prides itself on being an accessible city where everyone can feel they belong. Hosting the Games is another way Council is growing your Brisbane lifestyle by creating more to see and do for residents and visitors of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
The Games will enhance Brisbane’s year round calendar of major national and international sporting events and showcase Brisbane as an inclusive major events city. Held once every four years, this will be the first time that the Games have taken place in the Asia Pacific region.
Athletes will compete in 10 sports including Table Tennis, Athletics and Swimming, which are internationally sanctioned and a pathway to qualifying for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics.
- Tickets are now available - to purchase visit Ticketek
- 12 October - Opening Ceremony in Brisbane CBD - King George Square
- 19 October - Closing Ceremony in Queensland State Netball Centre, Nathan
- Cycling, Road and Track
- Rowing, Indoor and On Water
- Table Tennis
- Netball (demonstration sport)
- AFL (demonstration sport)
- Hibiscus Stadium, Upper Mt Gravatt
- Sleeman Sports Complex, Chandler
- QLD Tennis Centre, Tennyson
- Queensland State Athletics Centre (QSAC), Nathan
- Downey Park, Windsor
For more information about the games, visit INAS Global Games 2019.
Celebrate INAS Global Games by enjoying the entertainment on offer in Queen Street Mall throughout the games.
To find out more about Council’s commitment to inclusion, visit Disability, access and inclusion.