Brisbane Economic Development Agency
Brisbane Economic Development Agency (Brisbane EDA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brisbane City Council and is the city’s economic official economic development board.
Brisbane EDA’s role is to grow Brisbane’s economy, drive demand for Brisbane and create growth and trade opportunities for local Brisbane businesses.
The agency is responsible for:
- Delivering recommendations from the Lord Mayor’s Economic Recovery Taskforce
- Securing business, manufacturing and investment in Brisbane
- Supporting industry growth and trade in priority sectors
- Securing conferences, conventions and business events for Brisbane
- Attracting major events to Brisbane and its surrounding region
- Serving as the regional tourism organisation for Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Moreton Bay, Redlands and Somerset.