You can contact Brisbane City Council online, by phone, mail, SMS and relay services or by visiting one of our branches. Contact us to report maintenance issues or problems, make a bin request, complaint or for other Council enquiries.
- lodge an online customer request - raise a problem or issue in your local area ( including road and footpath damage, tree or park maintenance, vandalism or graffiti to facilities, animal nuisances, missed or damaged bins, overgrown property or anything else requiring attention by Council)
- report an issue to Council via SMS/MMS
- change your address
- general enquiry, complaint or commendation
- contact the Lord Mayor or your local Councillor
- view Council's social media channels
For urgent Council issues and emergencies, Council is available by phone any time.
Change your address
Rates, bills, renewals and other payments
Make a payment
Order a publication or brochure
Report a problem
Abandoned shopping trolleys
Barking dog complaint
Faulty street light via Energex
Graffiti on private property
Graffiti on public property
Overgrown land or unsightly objects
Report a maintenance issue
Grass cutting / weed removal
- request new line markings
- report missing, damaged or faded line markings
- rubbish / debris on a road
- damaged kerb and channel (road gutter)
Trees growing into powerlines via Energex
Water and sewerage via Urban Utilities
Our Contact Centre is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We aim to answer your call within 20 seconds. This is the best contact method for urgent issues, such as traffic light problems, lost animals, dangerous dogs, lost property and public safety concerns.
Council has a dedicated 24 hour a day, seven day a week hotline to support business in Brisbane. Businesses can access information on a range of Council topics including licencing, development applications, business opportunities and procurement.
We aim to provide a full response to both hard copy and online letters within 20 working days.
You can submit your letter online including attachments or you can mail it to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the:
Report a problem that needs fixing in your street, local park or neighbourhood.
Take a photo and send details of the problem, including the location and your name to: 0429 2 FIX IT (0429 234 948).
We aim to acknowledge your message within two working days and provide a reference number.
Visit Council for rates and account payments, animal registrations, licence applications, local laws, compliance, permits and development applications.
When you contact us we will respect and protect your personal information. For more details, read the privacy, copyright and disclaimer statements. You can also find out about our complaints management process and your right to information.