About City Parklands Services
City Parklands Services Pty Ltd (City Parklands) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brisbane City Council. It was created in 2013 to manage South Bank Parklands and Roma Street Parkland on behalf of Brisbane City Council (Council), in accordance with a management framework established by the Queensland Government.
In 2021, Council engaged City Parklands to holistically manage Victoria Park / Barrambin as the Council develops the park into a premier parkland.
Since inception, City Parklands has excelled in terms of holistically managing premier parklands with demonstrated success in:
- improved quality in the condition of the parklands’ hard and soft (green) assets
- delivering a suite of new attractions and experiences in each parkland
- increasing and maintaining high levels of visitor satisfaction
- increasing a quality events portfolio, driven by an integrated precinct and city-wide approach
- maintaining a passionate and committed workforce, including expansion of the volunteer program
- commissioning and implementing new business management systems.
In 2023, tenure of the South Bank Parklands site transferred back to South Bank Corporation, and Council, City Parklands and South Bank Corporation have entered into new management arrangements for general maintenance, horticulture and water services of the site.
City Parklands continues to become the trusted custodian of new precincts around Brisbane, with further locations to be added to the portfolio in 2023 and beyond.
City Parklands is a leader in wholistic precinct management. We achieve this by following our company’s values:
City Parklands Board members are nominated by Brisbane City Council and approved by Council's Civic Cabinet.
Current board members include:
City Parklands Services is managed by a Chief Executive Officer, supported by an executive team and are responsible for:
- assets and information technology
- commercial services
- operations (horticulture, water and electrical, maintenance)
- events, marketing and communications
- people and culture, and
- parks planning and visitor experience.
Current executive team includes:
|Chief Executive Officer||Sean Madigan|
|Chief Operating Officer||Paul Hoffmann|
|Chief Financial Officer||Lily Boscariol|
|Chief Human Resources Officer||Lucy Skelton|
|Operations Manager Roma Street Parkland||Brendan Quinlan|
|Operations Manager South Bank Parklands||Dean Mawby|
|Operations Manager Victoria Park||Greg Mitchell|
|General Manager – Events Management and Destinations||Sarah Scherhag|