Brisbane City Council wishes to advise aerial mosquito treatments will be undertaken on Wednesday 19 December following recent rainfall.
Aerial treatments will be undertaken by helicopters, commencing at approximately 7am at Nudgee Waste Transfer Station hill and covering areas around the Airport, Pinkenba, Fisherman and Whyte Island, Hemmant and Bulimba Creek, as well as Green, St Helena and Mud Islands.
Residents are reminded to undertake some simple steps around their home to minimise mosquito numbers by checking and emptying any containers holding water such as old tyres, birdbaths, boats and pot plant bases.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
- using repellents containing either Picaridin or DEET
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
- using mosquito nets and screens
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.
For more information, visit brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on 3403 8888.