Brisbane City Council wishes to advise aerial mosquito treatments currently being undertaken will continue into Wednesday 20 March.
Aerial treatments will be undertaken by helicopter, commencing at approximately 6am on Wednesday at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and covering areas around Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall, Brisbane Airport, Luggage Point, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
- using repellents containing either Picaridin or DEET
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
- screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.
For more information, visit brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on 3403 8888.