Supplier Portal online training
Brisbane City Council has adopted an integrated and efficient platform to engage with its suppliers called the Supplier Portal. This service allows suppliers to be more self-reliant and effectively collaborate with Council.
Supplier Portal training
Council has provided online training to assist in registering, navigating and using the Supplier Portal. The training topics are:
- Supplier registration
- Navigating the Supplier Portal
- Viewing and responding to Council requests (RFx)
- Checking invoices in the Supplier Portal
- Supplier Portal resources
Council requests (RFx)
The Supplier Portal refers to various types of requests related to Council issues, for example:
- Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Request for Information (RFI)
- Request for Quote (RFQ)
- Request for Tender (RFT) and
- Request for Proposal (RFP).
These requests are collectively known as a 'Request for x' or RFx.
The Supplier Portal offers a range of functions that allow suppliers to engage with Council. As a registered supplier, you can:
- register online
- indicate relevant categories of goods and services you could potentially supply to Council
- receive automatic notification when Council publishes an RFx for a relevant category
- receive automatic notification of RFx communications and amendments
- respond to all RFx and eAuction events from a centralised location
- verify the status of their RFx responses
- participate in eAuction events in real time
- track the payment status of your invoices.
The Supplier Portal provides many benefits, including:
- self-service: be self-reliant by registering for an RFx
- access to information: track important information such as open tenders and payment status of invoices
- efficient RFx process: easily respond to RFx questions, participate in eAuctions and receive important notifications
- less waiting time: improve RFx cycle time and minimise waiting for the RFx results due to streamlined and automated processes.