Checking invoices in the Supplier Portal
The Supplier Portal is used to view and see the status of invoices.
Council currently receives invoices through multiple channels:
- B2B Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- post (paper invoice)
Council is moving towards electronic invoice communications and will be requesting all suppliers to send invoices by email or EDI where possible. These invoices are processed automatically with payments released through electronic funds transfer (EFT) or cheque.
Suppliers can track the payment status of an invoice using the Invoice Status tab of the Supplier Portal.
Checking and managing invoice payments
Use the 'overview of incoming payments' report in the 'invoice status' tab of the Supplier Portal to track the payment status of an invoice.
- Click the Invoice Status tab to view current invoices
- Reference the Vendor Invoice Number column to identify the relevant invoice
- Use the Status column to identify the invoice's status:
- Open – invoice received by Council but not yet paid
- Cleared – invoice received and paid by Council
Note: invoice numbers not listed within the report indicate Council has not yet received or processed the invoice.
- The incoming payment details can be filtered using the following:
- Vendor Invoice No.
- Council Invoice No.
- Date From