Council works closely with local and international agencies and organisations to leverage our sister city relationships to maximise the best possible business outcomes for Brisbane residents and businesses. You can find a list of major events and activities taking place in 2019 in Brisbane's sister cities.
Brisbane City Council is committed to advancing Brisbane’s place in Asia and promoting Brisbane as Australia's New World City. Council’s international business programs aim to improve the economic benefits and opportunities for Brisbane-based businesses by:
- strengthening sister city relationships throughout the Asia Pacific and the Middle East
- facilitating business and trade connections with international markets
- supporting local businesses to achieve successful outcomes through our Sister city relationships
- co-ordinating inbound international delegation and business missions to overseas markets.
Council's International Relations and Multicultural Affairs team facilitate and manage these programs and act as a referral service for businesses who aspire to connect with Asia and the world. Contact the team to find out how they can help you and your business.
Find what you need
Bring your delegation to Brisbane
Brisbane regularly welcomes visiting international delegations consisting of business people, academics and government officials. This program provides a unique opportunity for visiting delegations to access specialised information through presentations, roundtable discussions, networking events and individual meetings.
International visitors who would like to meet with officials from Brisbane City Council and Brisbane's institutions should complete the online form or contact the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit.
Contact the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit:
- email the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit
- phone 07 3403 8888 and ask for the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit
- mail to:
International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit
GPO Box 2287
Brisbane Qld 4001
You can also subscribe to receive an e-newsletter by emailing the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit.