Business and trade missions
Brisbane City Council is committed to increasing international opportunities for Brisbane businesses to access key international markets through city-to-city partnerships.
The Lord Mayor leads delegations from the Brisbane business community to Sister Cities and strategic trade regions to explore potential opportunities and strengthen business ties.
The International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit coordinates business missions to enable business development activities which foster long-term partnerships between local and international organisations. The scope of industries includes:
- Accommodation and tourism
- City infrastructure
- Commercial real estate investment
- Food and agribusiness
- International education and training
- Health and aged care
- Professional business services
- Property development
During the business mission, participants have the opportunity to engage with a range of businesses and government officials across the region. Mission participants also have the opportunity to engage with key partners such as:
- Brisbane business community
- Brisbane Economic Development Agency (Brisbane EDA)
- Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ)
- chambers of commerce and industry
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- Foreign embassies and consulates
- Sister City governments and business organisations.
Participation in the business mission includes:
- pre-departure and post-mission briefing
- customised support from the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs unit
- a tailored business program which includes introductory meetings with carefully selected international businesses
- unique cultural and commercially-focused networking functions
- meeting with high-level government representatives in the region
- ongoing post-mission follow-up and support.
International business missions include business events, meetings, networking sessions, site-visits, forums, panel discussions and in-market briefings.
|Sample itinerary time||Sample itinerary activity|
|7am||Breakfast, daily mission briefing and delegate reflections|
|8.30-9am||Courtesy call with the Mayor in the region|
|9.30-10.15am||Industry/sector focused site visits|
|10.30am-12pm||In-market briefing by trade agencies|
|12.15-1.30pm||Lunch - Business and Investment Forum with the local chamber of commerce and industry|
|1.30-2.30pm||Tailored introductory business meeting|
|2.45-5pm||Industry/sector focused site visits|
|6-8pm||Official welcome dinner or networking event|
You can contact the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit by:
- phone 07 3403 8888
- mail to:
GPO Box 2287
Brisbane Qld 4001.
For all media enquiries contact Council.