Moorooka is a multicultural hub with a bustling high street on Beaudesert Road established in the 1920s.
Council has worked with local businesses in Moorooka to develop a Local Business and Destination Plan. This collaborative work, known as a Local Business Partnership Initiative, identifies opportunities for improving local investment to support the local economy.
Council has delivered free Wi-Fi to further enhance Beaudesert Road as a thriving local business precinct.
Connected and accessible
- Less than ten kilometres from Brisbane’s Central Business District (CBD)
- Moorooka Station provides easy to access to the CBD on the Beenleigh line
- Well served by buses, particularly along Beaudesert Road and Ipswich Road, including the high frequency BUZ service
- Connections to M3 Pacific Motorway and M7 Ipswich Motorway
- Convenient to Queensland Tennis Centre, Brisbane Markets and Archerfield Airport
- Easy access to Griffith University and University of Queensland
- Multicultural community
- Diverse retail mix
- Renovated Queenslanders and worker’s cottage
- Modern townhouses and units
- Young professionals and families
- Forest outlooks and city views
- Car dealerships
View a larger version of this map.
- Moorooka Central – Woolworths Centre with undercover parking and specialty stores, refurbished in 2012
- Moorvale shops – Beaudesert Road high street with laneways and shopping arcades including services, cafés and colourful African shops
- Magic Mile – commercial cluster along Ipswich Road, including car dealerships
- Commercial and industrial – area between Moolabin Creek and Ipswich Road, including Sanitarium Health Food Company manufacturing
- Tarragindi Road shops – small strip of suburban shops including the popular Todd and Pup Café
- Beaudesert Road – suburban strip shops including Side Street Kitchen
Generating additional demand for goods and services
- 46% of the working age population under the age of 35
Bringing more people to live and work in the area
- Nineteen residential dwellings approved in 2019
- $1.6 million of non-residential building approvals in 2019
- Approved extensions to Kia Motors dealership at 1086 Ipswich Road, Moorooka
- Proposed child care centre at Keats Street
New roads, transit, schools, hospitals and other major infrastructure projects create opportunities for business
- New community hub, The Social Space, in Clifton Street
- Ipswich Motorway upgrade from Rocklea to Darra to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion through Moorooka
Increasing consumer spending and stimulating economic growth
- Employment forecast to grow more than 1% per year
Who has taken the opportunity?
- Zeitoon Restaurant, featuring Afghani and Persian cuisine, opened at 204 Beaudesert Road (2019)
- Ripe Express Bar & Café opened as part of the RAW Dance premises in Evesham Street (2017)
- Arhibu Ethiopian and Eritrean Restaurant chose a location in Beaudesert Road (2017)
- Botanicafe opened in the Woolworths Centre in Beaudesert Road (2017)
- Salvos Hope Op Shop opened in premises on Beaudesert Road (2017)
- No. 7 Coffee chose a quaint spot in Moorvale Laneway (2017)
- Salon First beauty supply store opened in Muriel Avenue (2017)
- For detailed statistical information, access a Moorooka report via Brisbane Community Profiles
- Contact Brisbane Marketing’s Investment Attraction Team
Other local business areas for investment
View other great investment areas including Moorooka, Nundah, Sandgate, Stones Corner and Wynnum.