The Calamvale Ward comprises the suburbs of Algester, Calamvale, Drewvale, Heathwood, Karawatha, Larapinta, Pallara, Parkinson, Stretton, and part of Forest Lake.
Councillor Angela Owen
Councillor Angela Owen was elected in March 2016 as the inaugural Councillor for Calamvale Ward (after a change in ward boundaries from Parkinson Ward to Calamvale Ward) and re-elected in March 2020. Councillor Owen was previously elected as the first Councillor for the Ward of Parkinson in 2008 and re-elected in 2012.
A long term community advocate, Cr Angela Owen has lived in the local community she represents since 1983, along with three generations of her family.
Professionally, Councillor Owen is a Certified Practicing Accountant and, prior to being elected, worked at all levels of government, as well as in the corporate sector.
Her roles have encompassed senior management and Financial Controller positions, ministerial and political advisory, as well as university lecturing in Masters of Business and Masters of Professional Accounting.
Councillor Owen actively supports many multicultural, sporting and community groups across the city of Brisbane and enthusiastically promotes economic prospects through Brisbane's Sister City agreements and international opportunities.
- Chairman of Council (August 2015 to May 2019)
- Councillor for Calamvale Ward (2016 to present)
- Councillor for Parkinson Ward (2008 to 2016)
Council Committees (2020 to present)
- Deputy Chair, Transport (August 2021 to present)
- Finance and City Governance (August 2021 to present)
- Deputy Chair, Public and Active Transport (April 2020 to August 2021)
- Finance, Administration and Small Business (April 2020 to August 2021)
- Lord Mayor’s representative for Multicultural Communities (April 2020 to present)
- Councillor assisting the Lord Mayor on City Hall Restoration (2012-2013)
- Deputy to the Lord Mayor for Multicultural Affairs and International Relations (2008-2016)
Roles Held in Previous Terms
- Deputy Chairman, Finance Economic Development and Administration
- Deputy Chairman, Field Services
Council Committees (2016 to 2020)
- Environment, Parks and Sustainability
- Public and Active Transport, Economic and Tourism Development
- City Planning
Contact Ward Office
|Calamvale Ward Office
Shop 10, 168 Algester Road
Calamvale Qld 4116
Office hours: 9am-4.45pm, Monday-Friday
(excluding public holidays)
Phone: 07 3131 7022